If you are an amateur or professional Photographer and are keen to build your own Squarespace website, you'll be interested to know that Allie Astell, our founder, will be running a Masterclass for the Guardian specifically focusing on Photography in September.
Quote discount code ALLIE20 for 20% off the fee
Date: Saturday 9 September 2017
Location: The Guardian, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU
Times: Full-day course, 10am-4pm
Cost: £249 (includes VAT, booking fee, lunch and refreshments)
This unique hands-on masterclass will teach you how to set up and manage your own website.
Photography is a hugely competitive industry, so it’s essential that your work stands out and engages the viewer from the very first glance. Squarespace is one of the simplest platforms you can use to create a beautiful website. With a variety of templates available, your portfolio will look smart and polished.
Over the course of the day, you will learn how to create perfect galleries and image optimisation for search engines. You’ll also receive guidance on making your site look stylish and professional, as well as expert advice on how to continue developing it after the class.
The course is suitable for both amateur and professional photographers who are interested in showcasing their portfolio.
- An overview of setting up and managing a new photography portfolio or photography blog on Squarespace
- How to choose the best template for your requirements
- Adding pages to your website and editing text
- How to style your website with logos, colours and fonts
- Preparing images and creating picture galleries
- The basics of SEO: expert advice on how to make your site search engine-friendly, particularly when it comes to optimising your photographs
- Integrating widgets for social media and creating a contact form
- Launching your website online
- Handouts with advice and links to help you create your Squarespace site and continue working on it at home
- Q&A and feedback on work carried out during the class
Her approach is professional but relaxed, so you will learn a lot, but the intention is to also have some fun while you're in the class.
For more details and to book, go to the Guardian Masterclasses website.