PRIVACY & COOKIES
Who are we and how to contact us
Manage My Website is a global team of Squarespace, Social Media and Online Marketing Specialists. We are approved Squarespace trainers and authorised Specialists.
You can get in touch with us in the following ways:
By email: email@example.com
By phone: +44 (0) 203 282 7591
Through this website: www.managemywebsite.com
- Our website
- Email correspondence
- Telephone calls
- Social media
- Enquiring about contracting our services
- Providing products or services to us
You should be aware that if you go to third party websites (including those of our Affiliates), using links provided on our websites, these websites are outside our control and have their own privacy policies. Please take time to read those when you visit a site. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you register with us or request one of our services. We also collect information about you when you voluntarily provide feedback or mention our name in your own promotions or materials.
This information may include:
- Your name, contact details and the organisation/ business you work for
- Information generated by the work, service or relationship we have with you: your business details, bank and financial details, communication and correspondence.
- Information generated by visiting our website or engaging with us on social media.
How we collect information about you and how we will use it.
We may collect and process information that you provide during your correspondence with us. This could be, but not limited to, one of the following ways:
- Giving information directly to us by methods including filling in the contact form on our website or via other media
- Subscribing to our newsletter
- Requesting any of our services or information.
- Communicating with us through e-mail and telephone.
We only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where you have given consent for us to process your information
- Where we need to perform the contractual obligations we have entered into with you personally or with the business you are working for or with.
And for one or more of the following purposes:
- To manage our relationship and administer our business as part of our contract with you
- To carry out a request
- Sending you marketing and information about our business and services via email if you consented to it.
Sharing your information
We will not share your information with anyone who is not contracted to work on your project other than with the relevant authorities if we have reason to believe that you may be involved in activity that may be illegal under English law.
The information shared about you with people who work for us will be limited to what they need to know to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
International Transfer of Data
As a global company with team members working worldwide, we may send your data outside European Economic Area (EEA), which comprises of the European Union and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, particularly to the USA.
We only transfer information where necessary for the performance of a contract between us or for pre-contractual steps to be taken at your request.
Where your personal information is transferred or accessed outside of the EEA, we require that appropriate safeguards are in place. Any information is always limited to “need to know”.
Our website is built on a platform developed, and hosted, by Squarespace, a US-based company. Please see below for more information about them and the steps they take to protect personal information.
Your choices in relation to personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us. You also have the rights and choices which you can exercise on the data we hold on you.
- You have the right to:
- Obtain access to your personal information
- Withdraw consent, including opting out of our email marketing at any time
- Ask us to correct any errors or delete the information we hold,
- Object to or restrict our processing of your information.
For more information or to action these rights, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Retention and destruction of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information we hold about you. We will not use your personal information unless it is (to the best of our knowledge) accurate and up to date.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying UK tax accounting requirements.
- Our current retention schedules are as follows:
- Financial records – 6 years after the end of the relevant tax period
- Other client/ supplier records, including contact details and email correspondence – 2 years after our last contact from you
- Enquiry records (people who did not subsequently become clients) – 6 months after our last contact from you
Where we have an ongoing working relationship with you and/or you have consented to receiving information from us, we will retain information beyond these timescales for the effective management of our contract and communication.
Other issues we want to make you aware of
We take the security of your information and your privacy seriously. We use certain programmes and third party apps to help us manage our business effectively and efficiently. We have chosen each of these carefully and work only with those we are satisfied have the same high standards and commitment to security as we do; we are satisfied that each of them take proactive steps to meet the required international privacy laws, including GDPR. We share details of these below.
Visitors to our website
Our website is built on a software platform called Squarespace. It is also hosted by them. You can read more about the way they ensure site users’ privacy is protected under EU Data Protection laws here:
When someone visits our website we use Google Analytics and Squarespace Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find out more about all of this here:
You are in control of cookies and so this article also describes how you can change your settings. You can also find out more about cookies on these two websites If you want further information about cookies on these two websites www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp to deliver our e-newsletters.
We track, manage and account for all our outgoing client invoices using FreeAgent.
Tracking Enquiries and Managing Projects
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe we have not acted within data protection and privacy laws.
Changes to this policy