Some time ago we ran a Facebook competition and offered my infamous brownies as a prize. For those of you who requested the recipe, here it is.
Remember... be brave during cooking time (dry, hard brownies aren't good), eat them warm from the oven with a fresh coffee, and above all ENJOY!
200g Milk chocolate (organic), broken up into chunks
100g Plain chocolate (organic), broken up into chunks
3/4 tub Nutella
250g Butter, cubed
5 Medium Eggs, beaten
350g Golden caster sugar
200g Plain flour
1 dash Vanilla essence
100g Milk chocolate chips
50g Hazelnuts, chopped
1 small bag Whole hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/gas 4. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cool.
2. Line a large muffin tray with muffin cases (any sized muffins will do!).
3. Beat the eggs with the sugar.
4. Pour in the cooled chocolate mixture, vanilla essence, Nutella, add a pinch of salt and sift in the flour. Beat until blended and stir through the chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
5. Pour mixture into the cases in the tin, and put a few whole nuts on each.
6. Bake for 25–30 minutes. The outsides will look crackled and the inside will feel firm but will still be gooey. Be brave if they look on the point of collapse - they need to be soft and fudgy on the inside!
7. Allow to cool in the tin for at least 20 minutes.
4. Eat and enjoy!!
To make them even naughtier, top with milk chocolate icing, but you may need a year's worth of daily gym sessions to burn the calories off!