If you're thinking of having a Squarespace website built but aren't sure if it's for you, read on. We think you'll love it!
Manage My Website are huge advocates of Squarespace and have been building websites on this hugely popular platform since 2009. Our business now primarily focuses on Squarespace design, development and training.
Here are our top 10 reasons why we love Squarespace:
- Squarespace is great for small business owners, shop owners, bloggers, designers, artists, restaurants and anyone else who just needs a beautiful and powerful website.
- Squarespace was designed with the do-it-yourself user in mind, making it easy for everyone to maintain and update their websites on their own.
- Squarespace is a self-contained platform that works seamlessly and is fully managed from top to bottom. This means there’s never any need to update software, plugins, or widgets; patch security vulnerabilities; or worry that changing one component might break something else. It also means there’s rarely any need to investigate or pay for third-party apps or plugins since most functionality is native to Squarespace.
- Squarespace provides excellent support to its clients, allowing them to feel in control of their own website. The subscription fee includes full technical support from Squarespace and in our experience they respond promptly with a solution to the issue. Their Customer Care team is available seven days a week, 24-hours a day, and has won several awards for outstanding customer support.
- Mobile traffic now accounts for more than half of all website traffic. With that in mind, it’s critical that websites perform across any device and screen size. Every Squarespace template includes a unique mobile experience that matches the overall style of the website, so content will look great on every device.
- Every Squarespace website is equipped with all the elements needed for a strong SEO strategy. Site descriptions, page titles, custom URLs, search- friendly formatting, and other key elements are all easily managed. Furthermore, there is an automatically generated built-in sitemap that helps Google to crawl, understand, and ultimately, rank a website.
- Squarespace allows you to upscale or downscale your site with new features, control the layout of your pages on a page-by-page basis, or even switch your entire site to a completely different design - at any time, without needing to install any extras. You can also export your Squarespace website to another system, should you find that it's just not quite right for you.
- Everything is in one place, so if something goes wrong you know it's Squarespace or something you've done yourself. With some other platforms, you sometimes can’t easily tell whether it’s their problem or an issue with your hosting provider, which makes it difficult to resolve.
- 13 years in the making: Squarespace launched in 2003 and has grown steadily since, gaining over a million customers over the years. It is a well-funded and well-regarded company.
We’re proud to be official Squarespace Specialists, and we were recently invited to be a member of a brand new programme called Squarespace Circle which is a community of the most experienced Squarespace designers and developers.
If you’re interested in discussing some options and ideas for a brand new website or switching an existing site over to Squarespace, we’d be very happy to have a chat with you. Please contact us on +44 (0) 203 2827591 or drop us an email.
You can view our Squarespace portfolio here.